Thursday, November 20, 2008

Seeds, November 18th

Earl Grey Larkspur sown by Hermosa & Hwy 290 Pink Buttons, around Variegated Duranta, under Old Blush by teresa, aster, agastache. Behind Belinda's Dream and near small rose under south picture window. Behind Mary Rose and to one side, also near Perle D'Or , Melochia. In front of largest Aster and left of Souvenir.

Toadflax under roses in back

DBG hollyhocks sown in rose bed against fence and in corner bed (markers)

Forget-me-nots sown in Texas Persimmon bed behind pond

Hinckley's columbine in front south bed

Ruellia caroliniensis, old seeds from Zilker BG, tossed ?

EASEMENT: Clematis crispa & pink, Lavender 'Lady', Em's 2002 poppies, Al's black hollyhocks, Festuca, Abelmoschus, Shasta daisies, sunflower.

2 comments:

Babette Fraser Hale said...

I found your blog because your profile says you like Bonney's Place. I'm quite close to the author and it's one of my favorites, too. However, I love your gardening comments and the photos. I've been trying to creat a cottage garden out here in the country for years with no success. I want to follow your blog, but you haven't enabled the feed, so that I may do so. Is there any way you could enable it so I could? Many thanks!

Cindy, MCOK said...

Bdogs, I'm going to send you over to my main blog, From My Corner of Katy, http://texascottagegarden.blogspot.com. I think I have feeds enabled there, but let me know if I don't. I post on that one fairly regularly.

I browsed your blog and knew instantly what you meant in the comment about being quite close to the author of Bonney's Place. Mr. Hale holds a very special place in the hearts of my family and we've followed his columns for 3 generations now. One of them 20+ years back was about my great-uncle Lloyd Sims.

I'll look forward to seeing you over at My Corner of Katy. My best regards to you, Mr. Hale and the lovely lady in your picture.