Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 2nd through 25th, Yikes!

April 2-3: Rained here Thurs morning, then clear the rest of the day. Somerville, Round Top, Warrenton. Bought one birdhouse, several items from Texas Trash booth.

April 4: Courtyard renovation begun. Decided to remove aggregate from fence to door. Puttered outside. One goldfinch at feeder.

April 5: 29 mph wind gusts. This is getting really old. Planted 11 Gulf Coast Muhly from Lowe's (2.49/pot) along garage wall in place of miscanthus.

April 6: 2 goldfinches at feeder.

April 7: WHITE SPIDERWORT is blooming! How did it get over there by Carefree Beauty & Cecile Brunner? Worked on rock border in front. Wish I were better at choosing rock. Hawk w/blue jay.

April 8: Worked on dry stream bed and rock wall all day. Not what I envisioned.

April 9: ???

April 10: More dry stream bed work. More rock wall work. Worked on sidewalk rocks.

April 11: Mexican Buckeye in front split due to wind/rain, one branch split down to trunk. Walking iris blooming under Persian Vitex in back. Oakleaf hydrangea budding.

April 12: Easter. Rain, really hard & big thunder around 11:15.

April 13: 1100 lbs of rock picked up & unloaded. Flagstone, moss rock. Columbines under willow oak were too root bound to do a thing. Dug them up, loosened roots, replanted.

April 14: Rocks again.

April 15: Dr's appt in a.m. Went by Nelson's, bought a fern, a sedum & a bog plant. Worked in front after 3.

April 16: Finally broke down & called Edgar at Natural Springs Landscaping to work on the dry stream. He came by & gave bid. I laid flagstone path in front of gate by David's. Looks good!

April 17: Stormy afternoon. Met Linda & Nancy at Panera, then went to Jerry's Jungle. Bought purple leaved cotton plant, Manfreda, variegated Oxalis. Not impressed with his stuff, though. Shoot, if he can sell stuff that looks like that, I should do it!

April 18: MG Spring Sale. Rain started around 9, lasted all day. Torrential at times. Cul-de-sac flooded, most of streets in front of neighborhood did. Took me a while to get home. Water was mid-calf in street, Wickham. Had to take alleys to make it home.

April 19:

April 20:

April 21: Edgar's guys came & did dry stream bed. Raked rocks up by trellis. Good grief, I had no idea there were so many.

April 22: Earth Day. I worked at WPL all day.

April 23:

April 24:

April 25: I pulled weeds from the rose bed. Pulled up spent bluebonnets & shook out seeds. Oh, crud, tub is outside getting wet. Gotta put it in garage.

No comments: