Thursday 3/19: Worked in front garden. Dug esperanza, potted up & put on driveway. Pruned red Bauhinia. Foggy again. Jose Rodriguez here to look at courtyard & patios.
Friday, 3/20: No fog. Returned shovel from Gardener's Supply. Didn't work in my soil. Bought 2 at Lowe's: ended up returning one. Drain spades work better than broad shovels.
Saturday, 3/21: Justin cleaned pond. I worked on watering a few spots & then puttered around near the trellis.
Sunday, 3/22: Pond losing water big time. Took Mom to EG & Farmers' Market. Bought 2 succulents, Phlox, 2 Bacopa at EG. Love Chinese fringe tree but where could I put it?
Monday 3/23: First copper iris bloom! TTGG post. Very windy. Buds on yellow daylily. This was 1st one last year, too. Pumps off on pond, refilled. Watch to see what happens. Worked on digging Miscanthus to give away. Mostly lifted them a bit.
Tuesday 3/24: Gulf Coast penstemon opening. No water loss with both pumps off in pond. Turned on bog pump.
Wednesday, 3/25: Worked MG phones. Have taker for Miscanthus. Rained a bit late evening.
Thursday 3/26: Worked in front. Pruned Mx Turk's Cap, moved some sweetspires/igneas/hamelias. Rain in late afternoon and on into the evening. Nice amount.
Friday 3/27: Worked outside in morning. Dug clerodendron vine & planted behind sinojackia. Moved one calliandra. Put Murraya in pot. Marie Pavie in pot. Brief thunderstorm, big thunder. Hi, MBK! MCOK post.
Saturday 3/28: Windy and a little chilly. Put red pepper flakes in birdseed. Does seem to deter squirrels but birds seem to avoid feeders too. Pruned Persian Vitex some. Worked on garden closet. Hung yard art on trellis (alley side).
Sunday 3/29: Bridge party in afternoon.
Monday 3/30: Dug walking iris. They need more water and less sun than they got in that spot. Potted some up, have some in holding. Need to tell MGs. Vikki Koss came & got Miscanthus. Bloom opened on daylily!
Tuesday 3/31: Went looking for Gulf Coast Muhly. None at Home Depot/Fry, Ashley Gardens. Don't think Lowe's had them. Called APIT & Joshua's. Latter will try to order. Arbor Gate never called back. Lindheimeri or capillaris, which do I want?
Wednesday 4/1: Not going to do a danged thing, just veg out & watch talk shows/soap operas! (note date)
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Cindy! This is Vikki, the taker of your beautiful miscanthus. I will post a picture of your grasses' new home soon on your website -- can I do that? If not, I will email them to you. You were so gracious to me when I came to visit, truly inspiring as far as your garden and your blog. I am going to try to do one also because I could tell it was something you really enjoyed. Already started playing around with it on blogspot. It is fun! I may email you from time to time begging for a tip or two. I will also send you some pictures of the trellis that my dad made for me and let me know if you are ever in need. I hope to get to visit with you in person again one day -- it's rare I get to meet someone who possesses all of the knowledge that I am dying for! (Smile) Cannot wait to see your new flagstone work. It's really neat to see your blog with new eyes since I have now been to your home.
Post a Comment